Today is a big deal
You woke up this morning and began making choices.
You chose whether or not to exercise, to eat a healthy breakfast, or to do something productive. You chose whether or not to eat that donut, to sleep in, or to watch an extra hour of TV.
At the end of each day the sum of your choices pushes you in a direction.
It could be pushing you in the direction of fitness and health, if your choices were predominantly wholesome.
Or the sum of your choices could be pushing you in the direction of weight gain, health issues and problems.
I find this perspective to be helpful when it comes to making a major body transformation. It’s tempting to feel helpless in changing your body when you have so many pounds to lose and so much work to do, since you aren’t able to do it all in one day.
However, by capturing the power of each day by making wholesome choices, you will be pushed in the direction of weight loss and health day after day, week after week.
Until one day you’ll look in the mirror and see that you’ve arrived at your ultimate destination: a lean, healthy and vibrant you.
So embrace the power of each choice that you make today, and allow a momentum of good choices to push you through to your goal.
Today is a big deal. Today is all you have.
Make the most of today.
If you’re not yet one of my prized clients then make the excellent choice to call or email me today to get started on a program that will supercharge your momentum towards the best version of yourself.
Let’s do this!
Buy your supplements at my new store!
http://www.kozmuscle.com - It's my Amazon store, so you'll get your Prime free shipping and all that -
plus there's a search box at the bottom of the page to find anything not listed. I appreciate your support!
Do This At Bedtime
The best way to ensure that you will make stellar choices tomorrow is to plan for it tonight. Before you go to sleep, jot out your plan for the next day.
What will you eat? What is your exercise plan? What food traps will you avoid? How much time will you spend watching TV?
Write down your ideal day and then sleep on it. When you wake up take that list with you as a guide to making great choices all day long.
Make this a before-bed ritual and watch how quickly you see the results!
Mr. America's Fitness Magazine Headlines
The Surgeon General's Report On Health and Exercise
The Surgeon General's Report On Health and Exercise:
"Failure to exercise a minimum of 3 times per week for at least 60 minutes in duration each time is the equivalent of smoking one pack of cigarettes each day. What this means is that exercise is no longer just good for you, it is bad for you if you don't exercise."
U.S. HEALTH FACTS:
• 59,000,000 Americans are considered clinically obese
• 61 % of the population is overweight
• 15% of children and adolescents are overweight
• 15% of children and adolescents are in danger of becoming overweight
• 120,000,000 Americans suffer from chronic stress
• 80 million Americans are under so much stress they are damaging their hearts
• 50 million Americans have high blood pressure. 30% don't know it
• 40 million Americans suffer from sleep disorders
• 19 million Americans suffer from depressive illnesses 80% of disease is lifestyle related (poor nutrition, stress, smoking, etc.)
• 70 million Americans have arthritis and or chronic joint symptoms
• 23 million Americans have heart problems
• 20 million Americans have lower back problems
• 37 million Americans suffer from high cholesterol
• 10 million Americans are at risk for Type-2 diabetes
• 1 4 million Americans will be diagnosed with cancer this year
• Not exercising makes a person 3 times more likely to suffer from depression
• More than 60% of the population does not exercise regularly
• 60% of Americans now say that regular exercise is more important than regular doctor's visits
• 89% of Americans say that "becoming more physically fit" Is either essential or important to them
Rainbow Roasted Veggies
Eating plenty of fresh vegetables is an excellent, healthy choice. The fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants contained within will do wonders for your energy levels and overall health.
Here’s a simple recipe for roasting vegetables that’s a wonderful side dish for dinner. Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, or seek out the full spectrum of colors for a natural vitamin boost.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 2 orange beets, peeled and cubed
- 16 Pattypan squashes
- 6 mini green zucchini
- 1 purple onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies on the prepared pan in the order of the rainbow: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue/Purple. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until browned and tender.
One serving equals: 130 calories, 5g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 13g sugar, 189mg sodium, 6g fiber, and 5g protein.
Spread the word. Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter to your friends, family, and coworkers.
| |Jason Kozma - Mr. AmericaHigh Performance Personal Training1233 3rd StreetSanta Monica, CA United States 90401(310) 772-5105My website
High Performance Client Samples
HP Trainer Gym / Studio Locations
In home training locations:
Santa Monica (duh)
All South Bay
Marina del Rey
Playa del Rey
Weight Loss Vacations
Get Ripped w/o Cooking!
Ultra-clean, 100% Kozma-compliant meals to get you ripped without cooking! Choose custom meals, choose your portion size and go! Iconmeals.comUse coupon code KOZMA for 10% off!